Minted Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey and Lime
- 1 Large Cantaloupe Melon - peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Large Honeydew Melon - peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Golden Pineapple - peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. Red Grapes - stems removed and cut in half
- 3 Oranges - peeled, pith removed and cut into segments
- 3 Kiwi - peeled and quartered
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 1/2 Pint Blackberries
- 2 T. Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Lime Juice - freshly squeezed
- Sprinkle of Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves - gently cut into thin strips
- Mix all ingredients together except for fresh mint. Add the mint right before serving. Refrigerate before serving and cut the fruit only a few hours before serving.
- Watermelon, peaches and nectarines can be added or substituted.
- Strawberries and bananas can be added at the very last minute. They have the tendency to bleed, water and brown.
- It is very important when making a fresh fruit salad, to choose fruit that is ripe and seasonal. The fruit should be at its peak.
- Serves 12 to 15