This Shrimp, Corn and Avocado Salad with a Sherry Cilantro Vinaigrette is a fantastic main dish to serve as an entree or on a buffet menu.
It’s best served with some very crusty grilled homemade bread It is packed full of flavor and will be sure to please your guests time and time again.
This tasty, gorgeous, shrimp salad is made with corn and avocado. Of course there is fresh herbs!
Seriously this salad can be thrown together in just minutes and is full of so many great flavors. It also can be made-ahead of time which makes it perfect for a summer cookout. I could eat this salad every day during the summer. It’s super healthy, too!
I know that you and your friends and family are going to love this salad just as much as my family does!
Are you looking for other delicious summertime dishes? Here are a few of my favorites:
Shrimp, Corn and Avocado Salad with Sherry Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 4 Green Onions – peeled and chopped
- 1 C. Fresh Cilantro – roughly chopped
- 1/2 C. Fresh Basil – roughly chopped
- 1 C. Lime Juice – freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice – freshly squeezed
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil or whatever oil you prefer
- 1 Tbsp. Each Sugar and Kosher Salt
- 1 Jalapeño Chili – halved and seeded
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 C. Fresh White Corn Kernels frozen, if fresh is not available
- 15 Oz. Can Black Beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 Medium Zucchini – medium dice
- 1 Large Red Pepper – cored and medium dice
- 3/4 C. Red Onion – medium dice
- 1 Avocado – peeled pitted and medium dice
- 1 1/4 Lbs. Large Cooked Shrimp – peeled and deveined
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper – to taste
For the dressing, blend first 7 ingredients in a food processor or with a blender stick until dressing is a smooth as possible. Slowly add the oil until emulsified. Add the sugar, salt, jalapeño and red pepper flakes to the mixture. Dressing can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine the corn, black beans, zucchini, red pepper, and red onion in a large mixing bowl. Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat thoroughly and mix well. Add the avocado and shrimp and fold in gently. Add more dressing until it is well coated.
Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to six hours. If serving immediately, follow the recipe for avocado and shrimp be added. If making salad ahead, add avocado and shrimp when serving.
For garnish, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and basil.