This super simple Chickpea Salad combines all of my favorite garden garden veggies in one delicious salad!
Protein- and fiber-rich chickpeas make it a hearty vegetarian main, or you can serve this tasty salad as an easy side with chicken, fish, or shrimp.
This easy chickpea garden salad is one of those amazing no-cook meals that hardly needs a recipe but is full of delicious flavors.
This Chickpea Salad is a refreshing salad recipe and you can easily add in more veggies too! It’s vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and plant-based.
You could wrap the salad up in a pita pocket or wrap with some hummus and topped with fresh spouts. If you love a salad with fresh herbs and fresh veggies this is for you, it’s even great for meal prepping.
This salad will stay good for up to 4 days when refrigerated in an airtight container.
Looking for more delicious salad recipes? Then you are going to love these!
In addition to adding them to this chickpea salad, you can turn them into homemade hummus, or make falafel!
The Best Chickpea Garden Salad
- 2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes – halved
- 1 Large English Cucumber – quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 – 15 oz. Cans Garbanzo Beans chickpeas rinsed and drained well
- 4 Scallions – thinly sliced using white and some green
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Medium Garlic Cloves – minced
- 1 Tbsp. Hot Red Pepper Flakes – or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese – crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Pesto
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil – lightly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill – lightly chopped
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper – to taste
Combine halved cherry tomatoes, cut cucumbers, drained garbanzo beans and scallions in a large bowl. Add the red-wine vinegar, garlic cloves, hot red pepper flakes and the olive oil and toss to combine.
Next, add the feta cheese, pesto, fresh basil and dill. Toss gently to combine.
Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Cover in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This will give the beans time to marinate and the flavors to come together. Remove from the refrigerator and check for additional seasoning needed. Serve in a large serving piece and garnish with fresh basil and dill.