The shrimp cakes with the chili lime cream sauce will be a hit for entertaining family and friends. Everything can be made ahead of time, and reheated and ready to serve!!
- 16 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 2 cups panko Japanese breadcrumbs Gluten-Free breadcrumbs could be substituted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce available in the Asian food sections of grocery stores
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature-cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Coarsely chop shrimp in processor. Add egg, green onion, lemon juice, mustard, cilantro, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend in using on/off turns. Add 1 cup panko and blend in using on/off turns. Form mixture into twelve 3-inch-diameter cakes. Roll cakes in remaining 1 cup panko; transfer to waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 10 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry cakes until cooked through and golden brown on both sides, adding more oil to skillet as needed, about 6 minutes.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons Chili-Lime Cream Sauce onto each of 6 plates. Place 2 shrimp cakes on each and garnish with remaining cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy small saucepan. Boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add cream and boil until reduced by half, about w minutes. Mix in chili-garlic sauce. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking just until melted before adding next piece of butter.