This recipe is a tried and true recipe from the days of Cafe Laurie. It is one of the featured salads in the cookbook. If you are interested in more flavorful recipes, buy Laurie Bakke’s Cookbook on the website now. It is a handcrafted cookbook, where my husband still cuts the covers in the garage. The cookbook is a wonderful keepsake and a great gift for all occasions!!
Minted Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey and Lime
- 1 Large Cantaloupe Melon - peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Large Honeydew Melon - peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Golden Pineapple - peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. Red Grapes - stems removed and cut in half
- 3 Oranges - peeled, pith removed and cut into segments
- 3 Kiwi - peeled and quartered
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 1/2 Pint Blackberries
- 2 T. Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Lime Juice - freshly squeezed
- Sprinkle of Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves - gently cut into thin strips
- Mix all ingredients together except for fresh mint. Add the mint right before serving. Refrigerate before serving and cut the fruit only a few hours before serving.
- Watermelon, peaches and nectarines can be added or substituted.
- Strawberries and bananas can be added at the very last minute. They have the tendency to bleed, water and brown.
- It is very important when making a fresh fruit salad, to choose fruit that is ripe and seasonal. The fruit should be at its peak.
- Serves 12 to 15