White Bean Hummus with Edamame, Arugula Pesto and Fresh Basil
- 2 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin - ground
- 1/8 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil - lightly chopped
- 15 oz. Can White Cannelini Beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Edamame - steamed and cooled
- 1/4 Cup Arugula Pesto - see note
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil - extra virgin
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Water - optional
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- In a food processor, add the garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, fresh basil and the white beans and pulse until just blended.
- Also, add the tahini, edamame and the arugula pesto and blend until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Gradually add the olive oil until well blended and then add the lemon juice and kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- If the hummus is to thick, add more lemon juice. If still very thick, add a small amount of water until the correct consistency is reached.
- Scrap mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until chilled and serve immediately with Honey Wheat Pita Chips (recipe to follow in next post.
These are a healthy and popular version of pita chips that flew out the door of the cafe. They are a great snack to go with smoked trout dip, hummus, salsa and more. Ingredients Instructions
These are a healthy and popular version of pita chips that flew out the door of the cafe. They are a great snack to go with smoked trout dip, hummus, salsa and more.