Chicken, White Bean and Poblano Chili topped with Cilantro
- 4 - Poblano Chiles
- 3 Tbsp. Plus 2 tsp. olive oil -divided
- 1 Medium to Large Yellow Onion - medium diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin - ground
- 1 tsp. Fennel - dried
- 2 tsp. Oregano - dried
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 - 32 oz. Box Chicken Broth - low sodium
- 2 14 oz. Can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 Can Green Chili - diced
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 14 1/2 oz. Can Cannellini Beans - rinsed and drained
- 6 Cups Chicken - cooked and shredded
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- Garnishes: avocado slices, diced roma tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream and toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil: add poblano chilies and coat with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Roast at 500° for 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers look blistered, turning several times. Remove and let cool enough to handle. Peel and remove seeds. Do not rinse. Chop peppers.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the garlic, and cook, constantly, about 1 minute. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, fennel and oregano. Add the chopped poblanos and stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, chicken broth, tomatoes and green chilies. Bring to a low boil over medium-high hear, and reduce to low. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bay leaves, beans and chicken and simmer for about 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Serve in a soup bowl and garnish with avocado, diced roma tomatoes, sour cream, cilantro and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Property of www.LaurieBakkesKitchen.Com