Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 3/4 Lbs. Unsalted Butter - at room temperature
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Pure Almond Extract
- 3 1/2 C. All-Purpose Flour - unbleached
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 C. Dried Lavender Buds - crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla and almond extracts. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Add the lavender and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into 2 1/2 inch squares with a plain or fluted cutter (or cut into any shape you like). Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. The time can vary depending on your oven. Let cool slightly, remove the cookies and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.
- Makes 20 to 24 cookies or more depending on the cutter that is used. I do like to use a round or a heart cutter.
Property of www.LaurieBakkesKitchen.Com