While shopping this week, I came across cinnamon scented pine cones that smelled fabulous! Rather than purchasing them, I decided to make my own simmering potpourri that can be enjoyed throughout the holiday season.
It’s so simple, and there really are no set rules. Use what you love, whether dried flowers, spices, essential oils or pine cones! Here’s my simple simmering potpourri “recipe.”
- 1 apple – sliced
- 2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks (or more)
- 4 cups water
- Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a pan on your stove top.
- Bring the mix to a boil, and then let it simmer to enjoy the wonderful fragrance.
- When the liquid gets low, add more water.
- You can store the mix in a container in the refrigerator to reuse.
- Feel free to experiment to find what you like best–oranges, lemons, vanilla, cloves, the possibilities are endless!